On August 25-28, 2020, the on-line training "Project Management Tools and Practice" was held. The training is a scheduled CSA event of the UAinEuratom project (GA # 822257) funded by the European Commission under the Euratom Program (HORIZON 2020).
The online training lasted four days and focused on basic concepts and practices of project management.
Certified mentor Oleksii Hromyko (Project Management Bureau, www.pmb.com.ua) was able to transfer a deep knowledge of project management in a simple and clear way:
Introduction to project management
- Standards, terms and definitions in the field of project management (PM).
- Interaction of projects and processes in the organization.
- The role of "project manager".
- Project, program and project portfolio. Projects as a tool to achieve strategic objectives
- Situational matrix at the project initiation.
- The idea and objectives of the project. Practice.
Creating a project plan
- Planning and management of long-term projects. The "rolling wave planning" method.
- Project communications management. Information dessimination planning.
- Project stakeholders management. Practice.
Control and monitoring of the project during its implementation
- Setting tasks and monitoring their execution.
- Changing the content of the project. Change request management.
- Monitoring of project terms and budget. Project reporting.
The on-line training has been attended by 16 participants who are representatives of institutions of the NAS of Ukraine, academic science and private organizations involved in the nuclear industry of the country.
|Fig. 1 Number of participating organizations segmented by main activities|
The training was carried out by the consulting company Project Management Bureau licensed by the Ukrainian Project Management Association in accordance with the rules complied with the standards of the International Project Management Association (IPMA).
We thank the head of the NCP "Actions of Marie Curie for the development of skills, education and career" Lazko Galina (NU "Lviv Polytechnic") for organizational support in the training.
Oleksandr Volobuyev, Sergii Pugach and Yuliia Kotsehub UAinEuratom - Euratom National Contact Point in Ukraine, National Science Center "Kharkov Institute of Physics and Technology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine", www.uaineuratom.kipt.kharkov.ua
The training was supported by the UAinEuratom project (GA # 822257), funded by the European Commission under the Euratom Program (HORIZON 2020).