On August 20-21, 2020, the next training on planning and participation in projects of the European Framework Program for Research and Innovation HORIZON 2020 was held. The training mode was on-line. It should be noted that this training is a scheduled CSA event of the UAinEuratom project (GA # 822257) funded by the European Commission under the Euratom Program (HORIZON 2020).
The training consisted of two parts and lasted for two days:
1. "Н2020. From proposal to project", August 20, 2020
Training speaker: Sergii Pugach, NSC KIPT.
The following issues were considered:
General information (H2020, HORIZONEUROPE)
- Criteria for participation, types of projects and calls;
- FundingandTenderOpportunitiesPortal, H2020 Dashboard;
- Calls, documents, organization registration, LEAR.
Preparation of the project proposal
- Search for partners, proposal structure (main parts), project structure;
- Costs and budget;
- Communication and Dissemination;
- Grant agreement, consortium agreement, roles in project, project meetings, project monitoring and reporting;
2. "Н2020. Financial rules and declaration of costs. Procurement", August 21, 2020
Speakers of the training: Sergii Pugach, Georgii Yakovlev, NSC KIPT.
Issues that were addressed:
Procurement management with reference to the features of government agencies
(Speaker: Georgii Yakovlev, NSC KIPT)
- Procurement legislation,
- Features of procurement planning and management,
- Procurement features in large organizations.
Financial rules and cost declaration
(Training speaker: Sergii Pugach, NSC KIPT)
- forms, types, budget items for the project costs, what costs are allowable;
- Budget planning, obtaining funding, ways of declaring personnel costs
- Calculations of costs for declaration, declaration of costs;
- Submission of financial statements;
- Q & A.
The on-line training has been attended by 16 participants who are representatives of institutions of the NAS of Ukraine (Research), academic science (Education), Ukrainian enterprises (SME) and public organization (Public organization) involved in the country's nuclear industry and have the experience or intend to become part of research and innovation activities on Euratom program calls.
|Fig. 1 Number of participating organizations segmented by main activities|
During the training the participants took active part in discussions and were busy with training tasks related to the creation of proposals or understanding the costs of European Commission projects.
Oleksandr Volobuyev, Sergii Pugach and Yuliia Kotsehub UAinEuratom - Euratom National Contact Point in Ukraine, National Science Center "Kharkov Institute of Physics and Technology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine", www.uaineuratom.kipt.kharkov.ua
The training was supported by the UAinEuratom project (GA # 822257), funded by the European Commission under the Euratom Program (HORIZON 2020).